Why I'm So Excited to Bring My Friends to Ubud
One thing I've always dreamed of doing is travelling overseas with my friends. After months of planning, that dream is finally becoming a reality. Next April, I'll be returning to the place that completely stole my heart Ubud. But this trip will be unlike any of my previous visits because, for the first time, I'll be sharing this beautiful place with two of my longest friends, Chantelle and Ashleigh.
Ever since I first discovered Ubud, I've talked about it endlessly. Anyone who knows me has probably heard me rave about the lush rice terraces, ancient temples, incredible cafes, delicious food (yes, Arcadia, I'll definitely be back!), and the peaceful energy that seems to flow through every corner of this magical town.
Every time I've returned home, I've found myself saying, "One day, I have to bring my friends here." Now that day is finally happening, and I honestly couldn't be more excited.
I still remember how I felt the very first time I arrived in Ubud. I was completely captivated by the endless greenery, the slower pace of life, and the overwhelming sense of calm that surrounded me. It was one of those rare places that instantly encouraged me to slow down, breathe a little deeper, and simply appreciate where I was.
From that moment on, Ubud became much more than just another holiday destination. It became a place where I found peace, inspiration, and a new appreciation for life's simple moments. Every visit has deepened that connection, which is exactly why sharing it with people I love feels so meaningful.
There's something incredibly special about introducing someone to a place that has become part of your own story. I can't wait for Chantelle and Ashleigh to experience the side of Ubud that completely captured my heart not just its beautiful landscapes, but the feeling you get when you're there.
I want them to experience the warmth and kindness of the Balinese people, the beautiful culture, the slower pace of life, and those unexpected moments that make Ubud so unforgettable. Whether it's wandering through quiet streets, discovering hidden cafes, admiring ancient temples, finding beautiful local boutiques, or simply sitting together and taking it all in, I hope they leave feeling the same connection to this place that I did.
I'm also looking forward to experiencing Ubud through fresh eyes again. Sometimes when you share somewhere you love with someone else, you notice things you might have overlooked before. Their excitement, curiosity, and first impressions will make me appreciate Ubud all over again.
Of course, knowing the three of us, there'll be plenty of laughter along the way. We'll probably get lost exploring little laneways, spend far too much time café hopping and shopping, take hundreds of photos, and make countless spontaneous memories that never make it onto an itinerary. And if I have anything to do with it, at least one of the girls will end up riding an ATV through the jungle with me!
What makes this trip even more special is the people I'll be sharing it with. I've known Chantelle and Ashleigh since I was 17 years old, and we've experienced so many seasons of life together. We've celebrated milestones, supported one another through challenges, laughed, cried, and created memories I'll treasure forever. Now we get to add another chapter to our story.
The countdown is officially on, and I already know this will be one of those trips we'll still be talking about years from now. While Ubud will always hold a special place in my heart, I can't wait to experience it in a completely different way through the eyes of two people who mean so much to me.
I'll be sharing every part of our adventure here on THEUBUDEDIT the places we discover, the experiences we share, and all the little moments that make a trip unforgettable. I hope our journey inspires you to experience the magic of Ubud for yourself or perhaps encourages you to share a place that means the world to you with someone you love.
Have you ever introduced someone to a place that completely captured your heart? I'd love to hear your story in the comments below.



Comments
Post a Comment